Basic skin care :-Total beauty begins with beautiful skin that is clean, fresh and glowing. We are born with a smooth and soft skin. But with the passage of time the skin looses its fine texture, due to constant exposure to pollution, grime and the adversities of weather conditions. But with proper care, we can maintain the beauty of the skin.
Types of Skin
Knowing your skin type is the chief way you can ensure your skin feels and looks its best. Many people, however, get confused when trying to figure out exactly what their skin type is. Skin can be divided into various types according to its texture. It is essential to know what skin type you actually have and using the correct products on your face can really make a difference to those problem areas you may have.
Due to our higher levels of collagen, male skin is up to 20% thicker and tougher than female skin. Male skin is also oilier, with larger exposed pores, a richer blood supply, and more of a tendency to break out in a sweat compared with women's skin.
There are five basic skin types. They are
Sensitive skin .
You should do these steps daily to taking proper care of your skin.
4 daily tips of Dry skin-Tip: Should use scrubs to remove the dry scaly skin.
Apply ½ tea spoon of Vitamin E oil with 2-3 drops of lime juice and ½ tea spoon of glycerin.5 easy tips for wrinkle care.Wrinkles generally are due to age, Stress and dry skin . Take 1 table spoon of cold milk and add 3-4 drops of lime juice. Rub this paste well into the wrinkles before going to sleep. The next morning wash with warm water and dry with a rough towel firmly. Once again rub in the cream - in the direction opposite to the wrinkles. Wait for half an hour and wash, avoid using soap.
To look gorgeous and graceful all that you have to do is spend little time every day for nourishing and caring for your skin. It is necessary to understand the nature of the skin to give it the proper care it needs. Using the right products for the skin, can keep the complexion fresh and clean. Knowing the type and texture of your skin is important for choosing the right products for your skin. A good daily skin care treatment calls for four basic steps:
Cleansing is a critical daily skin care step. It removes the dust and dirt that chokes the pores on the skin. Most people do this 2-3 times a day; this is adequate for normal skins. But,for oily skin type a more frequent cleaning is very essential-even 4-5 times a day, using either a soap or some kind of cleansing agent.
- Always wash your hands clean first. This will prevent the transfer of bacteria to your face
- Soap and water do tend to remove the impurities but are incapable of removing make up completely, hence proper cleansing is required. Skin experts recommend avoiding soap because of its high pH.
- There are several alternatives to soap and water cleansing- creams, milks, lotions, foams, oils, gels and liquids.
- Depending on whether your skin is normal to oily or normal to dry, you should use cleansers and products that are formulated for your specific skin type.
- Wash face using a gentle cleanser, with fingers, moving in a circular motion.
- A cotton pad dipped in fresh milk is a cheap but equally effective cleanser.
- Upwards and outwards movements have frequently been suggested as the right way to apply all kinds of creams to the face. Leave the cleanser on for a minute or two so as to loosen the dirt and make-up.
Exfoliating is the process of removing dead skin cells, which cause the face to look dull. The build up of dead cells can also contribute to blockage of the pores causing acne. Facial scrubs help clean the surface of the skin by removing the dead skins and the dirt mechanically. European women have been using exfoliants for decades. Skin exfoliation is suitable for greasy or normal skin, but should be used with caution on dry or sensitive skin.
- A granular scrub helps to slough off dead cells from the skin surface.
- The scrub should be strong without being damaging.
- If your skin is sensitive, use a synthetic puff or natural sponge.
- To add a gentle theraputic exfoliation treatment to your bath, add 2 teaspoons of natural sea salt
- Men are exfoliating their faces every day by shaving. The razor removes the top layer of dead cells every day
Toning the skin helps remove any residual cleanser or make-up that may have been left behind. A toner also helps restore the natural pH level of the skin, leaves your skin clean, clear and ready to be hydrated. Toning close the pores, tighten the skin, and keep it from being exposed to many of the toxins that are floating in the air or other environmental pollutants.
- Astringents and toners with glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids work the best for toning the face.
- For Normal Skin, chop up a small sized fresh cucumber and liquidize it with half a cup of yoghurt.Apply the mixture for 5-10 minutes, and wash it off.
- For dry skin, use a mild freshener-toner.
- For Oily Skin whisk one egg white until it thickens, then whisk in 1 tsp of honey. Finally add 1 tsp of lemon juice.Apply to your face and neck avoiding the delicate eye and lip areas
- The easiest way of applying a toner is to put it on a cotton pad and wipe face in outward and upward strokes.
Well-moisturized skin is soft and supple, reflects a healthy glow and ages less quickly. Moisturisers give a smooth finish to make-up. Putting on a light moisturising cream will make make-up much easier to apply and reduce the risk of dragging the skin.
- Always use a light moisturizer on your face after cleansing and shaving and don't forget your neck
- Make sure to apply extra moisturizer to dry skin areas and areas such as elbows and heels.
- Lips are very delicate and can dry out easily. They need to be protected moisturized to maintain a plump, healthy appearance.
- Too much moisturizer can lead to clogged pores and blackhead
For Glowing skin
* A facemask of egg white and honey gently removes the tan from your face.
* Mix oats with honey, yogurt and ground almonds. Apply this in your face, leave it for five minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
* Cucumber is a natural cleanser. Mix cucumber juice with milk and use it instead of a cleanser.
* Take 1/3-cup cocoa, three teaspoons of heavy cream, 1/3-cup ripe papaya, 1/4-cup honey and three teaspoons of oatmeal powder. Mix it all together. Apply on your face. After 10 minutes, wash your face with warm water. This is best for oily skin
* For oily skin, apply a mixture of grapes, lemon and egg white. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. While lemon acts as a natural cleanser, grapes will soften your skin and egg whites will tighten it. Don’t be alarmed if your skin tingles.
* Cut the lemon and rub the wedge all over your face. Leave it for about 20 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. This will refresh your face. Avoid doing this if you have dry skin.
* Mix honey, lemon and vegetable oil .This mixture is a good moisturiser for dry skin. Apply this mask for 10 minutes.
* Apply the mixture of honey and milk on the face . This will make your skin glow.
* Prepare a mask by mixing a slice of pumpkin with egg yolk and milk. Let this mask set on your face for 30 minutes for a glowing skin.
Toning is necessary for all skin types and should be made a part of daily skin care routine. Toning is refreshing, improves blood circulation and adds a healthy glow to the skin.
• Soak cotton wool pads in skin tonic and wipe face in outward and upward strokes.
• Each movement should end at the temples. Apply gentle pressure at the temples.
• While applying toner on the forehead, start from the centre and go outward on either side, again ending at the temples.
• Apply toner on chin in circular motions.
• Tone the neck too, stroking downwards from the chin.
• Tone around the eyes, but very lightly.
Making skin tonic at home is simple and easy. All you require is rosewater and witch-hazel. Rosewater is one of the best-known skin tonics and is easily available. Witch-hazel is available at a chemist or homeopathy shop. Toners vary according to skin types:
For normal skin
Mix ¾ cup rosewater with ¼ cup witch-hazel and store in a jar.
For very greasy skin
Mix equal quantities of rosewater and witch-hazel and store in a jar.
For dry skin
Mix ¾ cup rosewater, ¼ cup witch-hazel and ½ teaspoon glycerin or honey and store in a jar.
USE A FOAMING BATH TO TONE YOUR SKIN
• Bathing foams with plant extracts like mint and rosemary are ideal for maintaining your skin’s firmness.
• They tone the skin by providing nutrients and improving blood circulation.
• For instance, balsam (which contains pine extracts) improves breathing by improving oxygen intake.
• And finally remember that toning foam baths are also great energy boosters.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY SKIN THIS WINTER?
Winter’s here and it’s time to watch out for dry skin, coarse hair, shriveled cuticles and rough hands…Caring for skin becomes a
daunting task during winters. Skin turns ultra sensitive and tends to give in to the pressures of pollution and seasonal imbalances rather easily.
A few simple tricks will however, ensure that skin stays supple and pretty pink, here is how:
• Use cleansing milk to dislodge dirt and grime especially during winters and if you suffer from dry skin.
• Use a generous helping of moisturizer for a smooth, clean complexion. However do not apply moisturizer while stepping out of the house, that way you will only attract more dust, the best time to dab on the magic option is in the evening, after a warm bath.
• Your face will thank you for the invigorating cold cream and skin tonic massage you give it just before hitting the sack.
• Limit the use of make-up during winter months, as skin tends to burst into pimples.
To give body skin a glow, add a spoonful of olive oil to a bucket of hot water for your bath. This gives a glow to the skin. If the skin is very dry massage with warm olive oil fifteen minutes prior to bath.